The slim Monitor 200s are the smallest floorstander in the range and are designed to deliver a stunning sound in small to medium-sized rooms. They have all the precision of a two-way speaker, with the addition of an extra bass driver for scale and power.
Two 51/2″ MMP II drivers combine to provide powerful, punchy bass lines. The mid-driver is crossed over to the black C-CAM tweeter higher up in frequency, resulting in perfect phase.
The Monitor 200s are equipped with outrigger feet that give a sleeker appearance, take up less floor space and improve the stability of the speaker.
Monitor Key Features
• Classic Monitor Audio speaker design with a playful twist
• Orange translucent MMP II (Metal Matrix Polymer) driver cones – adds a stylish touch
• High overall impedance (8 ohms) – easy to drive with lower power amplifiers
• Black C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium Magnesium) dome tweeter – derived from Monitor Audio’s award-winning Bronze series
• Creative use of 51/2″ and 61/2″ drivers have delivered a compact bookshelf, floorstand model together with larger bookshelf and floorstander to complement larger rooms and higher power applications
• HiVe II (High Velocity, Low Noise Reflex Port) technology – for an improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother airflow
• Black, white or a walnut finish, with contrasting grey baffle
• Outrigger feet on floorstanding models deliver a sleeker appearance, takes up less floor space and improves stability