A pair of Monitor Audio’s unique 5¼-inch C-CAM RST bass drivers share the duties of delivering bass and mid/bass. Configured as a two-and-a-half way system both electrically and acoustically, you will be amazed at the magical sound quality that this slimline can produce in your home.
The two bass drivers operate in separate acoustic chambers within the enclosure to provide differential tuning and are divided optimally with crossovers to ensure both bass drivers contribute to the lower frequencies. This ensures only the mid-range crosses over with the tweeter and results in a consistent and precise image, on and off axis. This configuration delivers performance approaching a three-way design whilst ensuring higher efficiency and extended low frequency, yet in a smaller cabinet.
The drive units are constructed with massive magnetic systems capable of deep bass extension. The low-frequency response has been engineered to provide smooth roll-off without exhibiting any of the usual ‘overhang’, meaning that the Silver 200 can be sited close to a wall and provide the ideal blend of domesticity and blazing performance. Diminutive for a floorstander, this model is no slouch. The Silver 200 is a serious audiophile speaker with amazing drive and incredible musicality. The engineering challenge was to create a smaller box with bigger sound; with the Silver 200, Monitor Audio achieves that goal so that you can enjoy your music and films with convincing realism.
• Two-and-a-half-way, three-driver configuration
• Differentially-tuned acoustic system means high efficiency with powerful low-frequency extension
• New 25 mm C-CAM, (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) tweeter featuring vented Neo magnet system optimised for lower distortion and cleaner sounding highs
• New 5¼-inch bass and 5¼-inch bass/mid drivers with ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for better damping and improved mid-range clarity
• RST Cone profile for improved diaphragm rigidity and lower distortion
• Unique-build ring/voice coil-cone coupling mechanism (DCF) optimised to reduce high-frequency cone break-up and increasing the critical voice coil circumferential rigidity